Tuesday, January 29, 2008

AWP 2008

I'll keep a blog of the 2008 AWP Conference starting Wednesday. Carolina Wren Press has a table and we're hosting a party Friday night with readings by Jeanne Leiby and others. I'll post some pictures and video as well, perhaps a podcast or two depending on the time.

I'm excited about all the goodies at AWP. I want to catch some sessions on film and poetry and multimedia work and poetry. I'm less excited about all the big readings- most writers just aren't good readers I find, but I hope I'll get lucky there. I'm also excited about going to New York. I'm going to catch Fiona Shaw in Beckett's Happy Days (I added the Beckett so no one will have to ask if she played Pinky Tuscadero) and I want to go to the New Museum of Contemporary Art.

I also have plans to (a) get offered a modeling contract and immediately move into a hip loft and have a lot of cool friends. That happens in the big city all the time. (b) change the course of history by making the Patriots lose the Super Bowl when I seduce Giselle Bunchen and, on Sunday morning when she is begging me not to leave, forcing her to call Tommy and break-up with him on the spot. Then he'll spend all day Sunday crying while tears gather in his precious little dimple and throwing interceptions.

If I get offered a modelling contract or manage to break up Tom and Giselle Bunchen you'll hear about it here first and can adjust your Super Bowl betting accordingly.

Tanya

No comments: